Vegetables (tomatoes, spinach, chard, yellow green or red onions, red peppers)
2 Whole Eggs
2 Egg whites (save egg yolks)
3 tbsp butter or ghee
hot sauce or salsa
1-2 cups fresh salad greens
¼- ½ avocado
- In a bowl, separate whites from yolks and save the yolks for later.
- Add whole eggs.
- Mix with a fork or whisk until well blended.
- Add butter or ghee to small saucepan and heat on medium until melted and simmering.
- Add vegetables of choice and sautee for a few minutes, or until nicely softened.
- Transfer vegetables from the pan to a plate.
- Add a little more butter if pan is dry or a non stick pan.
- Add egg mixture to the pan and let sit for 30 seconds. Slowly run a silicone spatula around the outside of the pan. Tip the pan so that fresh runny egg mixture moves to the sides and under the solid egg mixture.
- Turn heat down to low.
- Add vegetable mixture and spread it evenly over the entire surface. Top the pan with a lid, check to make sure heat is low.
- When eggs are set, slide omelette from pan onto plate.
- Top with hot sauce or salsa of choice. greens of choice. and avocado.